This is the old school, Russian way of zeroing AK rifle in 7.62x39mm. In the nutshell:
1. Be at 100 meters distance.
2. Must have control target with dimensions: 25 cm wide x 35 cm toll.
3. Rear slider should be set to 300 meters settings.
4. Aim at bottom of control target.
5. Shoot 5 shots group.
6. Group location should be 25 cm from the bottom of control target.
7. Once zeroing is done, move rear slider to 100 meters settings.
Notes: 1 mm of adjustment in lateral movement of front post = 26cm at 100 meters; 1 full rotation of front post = 20 cm (screw in to move POI up and un-screw to move POI down)
WARNING: if you don’t have access to 100 meters range, for 100 yards distance, that bullet group should impact at 23 cm and not 25 cm. So it is 2 cm difference.
Please support the AK Operators Union! We are accepting donations now for ammo!
Leave a Reply